Hi, I'm new!

• Hihi, I'm new here. Long winded introduction.

As you can see, I'm Froyo. I became a Metroid fan ages ago with either Prime 1 or Prime Hunters, don't remember too well, and became fond of the series since then. I've played the Prime trilogy, Hunters, Zero Mission, Other M and Fusion.

That said, I hadn't touched the series in literal ages after playing Other M, and I was pretty young and didn't know much English when I played the others, so I don't remember too well, please bear with me xD I started replaying them again from Zero Mission onwards after E3, so hopefully I'll be back up to speed soon :v

I learned of MHQ from Elias, and I'll need somewhere to fanboy about the series so, uh, yeah lol.

/Rant

Tl;dr nice to meet you all :3

• @froyo sry new forum who dis

• I'm Cody, I work on Zelda Universe together with Elias so I heard about the site from him. My favourite Metroid game is Super Smash Bros U.

• @cody how do I down vote a post here

• @eliasthompson I refuse to educate you on the workings or existence of the admin control panel.

• Hello! Darren here from Shinesparkers. I've done quite a bit around the community over the years, such as heading the Harmony of a Hunter albums. More relevant here though is that I sometimes drop in for the MHQThon, usually commentating with my friend Falcool.

I'm happy to see MHQ live again!

• I'm not old enough to really "remember when MHQ was around," but I too am happy to see another good metroid forum :)

• @gendreavus we have an admin panel?

• Hi New, I'm Dante

• But for real, my name is Dante, I play Metroid and first learned it from my brother being the one who has played it, I didn't like prime.

Then sooner or later I loved the series.
    And now I am here
    Making a suit.
    ..someday, that is.
    Also planning on rul----- joining, the MHQ bandwagon

PSS: Other Aliases of me are Dante Sparda (Skype), I1ISAMUSI1I (Followed behind [TWoN] most times, Steam), Dante tLDS (Discord), Dante_tLDS (Twitch&Minecraft), Dante Tlds (FaceBook), and Dante t LDS @Dante_tLDS (Twitter)

PS: Sheesh Elias, how fast of a reader are you:
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/308619526319374346/345281708154683392/unknown.png

• Hi, pretty new to MHQ. My name is Sidiouth. I never knew about MHQ until I saw MDB plugging the marathon recently.
    My first Metroid game was Prime 2, what a god tier choice I made at that random Gamestop.

My story such as it is, is that I come from a family of gamers, but I never played. The household favorite was Zelda. But I was too young to really be interested in playing it myself, I was content to watch. At some point I started playing games, but it bugged me that none of them were really mine. So I went to Gamestop, browsed the GC games and saw Prime 2. The booklet looked cool and I'd at least heard of Metroid through Melee. So I said whatever and bought it. When I got to the Boost Guardian and the game decided it was okay with crushing the hopes and dreams of 12 year old me, I went back out and bought Prime 1. I must have read that booklet 10 times on the car ride home. From then on I spent every waking moment on Wikitroid learning everything I could about the series. And the rest is history.

• @sidiouth Prime 2 is where I point people that want to play a new series because everything else they play is too easy. They come crying to me later about Boost Guardian and Spider Guardian…

• @fatherbrain230 Well my fool self picked it up not knowing anything about it. I played Dark Souls and I think it's easier than the Boost Guardian and especially the spider guardian.

• Spider Guardian's not too to bad if you get its pattern of movement down. He's also been nerfed a bit in Trilogy where his annoying ball of power didn't reach on section higher that it itself was moving at.

• Hi. I'm Lucifuga. I joined sometime in '05. My greatest accomplishment in life is winning the Most Likeable award in 2010 or whatever. Now, there is no proof of this happening due to the death of our old forums, but you can trust me when I say it happened. I swear on my Most Likeable award from 2010 or whatever.

• @lucifuga LUCI! Welcome back, long time no see.

• Gendreavus's (Nathaniel's) brother. I write music. I've watched Nathaniel play Metroid for as long as we had it, and started with Prime several years ago. I've never been the biggest Metroid gamer, but I thought I'd hop on this train now that it's leaving the station again.

Though I haven't played that much (P1, a bit of P2, Super Metroid, and some Fusion) I love what I have played. I'm pumped for Nathaniel to let me play Samus Returns whenever he gets bored of it. And heck, I might check out the rest of the catalog too at some point.

• @young-kondo You'll never go back

• Oh boy, it's BrotherTime!

• Hey guys, iPonder1024 here! I joined MHQ back in 2008 (how things have changed in the world) as just a young lad, and my first Metroid game was Prime 1/Fusion. Oddly enough I found Metroid: Fusion outside on the ground just a few days after discovering Prime 1, and really kicked off my addiction to video games as a whole. I remember the community back on MHQ and how it was just well.... kind of cool for me.

I was so surprised to see the legacy of MHQ still being pushed on!!! Everything Metroid related is dropping one by one, and the world is getting dark...(lol) I really hope there is still money in a good traditional Metroid game! Anyways, it's good to see you Gendreavus even if you don't remember me haha. Is there anyone else still around? Flyboy? His name seems to be the only one I can remember... anyways it was kind of cool to see this, I'll check back for MHQ again as I always have. It was good to see this.

Looks like your connection to MetroidHQ was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.