Hi, I'm new!

• @gendreavus That's good, I only follow MDb because of R Y A N the manga.

• Hello all, everyone's favorite Metroid brain, FatherBrain230. Glad to see the forums are back! I was just as surprised as everyone else that we would finally be returning to our former glory. Now I can finally begin plotting my galactic takeover!

I am a former co-webmaster of the now-defunct Metroid.eu, and was in full control of the site's phpbb forums, including its CSS, moderation, and structure.

I got into Metroid back in 1996, and I attempted to achieve the Super Metroid world record fastest 100% completion as a child in 1999, but I was unable to reach the top. I am usually very knowledgeable regarding details of Metroid games, but sometimes I may mix up some details with others.

I am always open to civil debate as to how the series could best progress forward. I am also a part-time streamer (twitch.tv/dracofalconi) usually playing Metroid games, including Super and Fusion, but this is rare.

• Wait, so who runs the site? Does Gendy run it and Elias is just there as the main attraction and communications guy or what? XD

• Gendreavus runs it, I just sit back in my retired state and "consult."

• @eliasthompson Oh, okay, so you try your best to take it offline, but Gendy and Saturnaut keep it online? XP

• @amwolfmusic Something like that.

• @gendreavus Makes sense.

• Hi there, I'm Nostradankus, sometimes also TheRealNostraD or rarely tNEOXXI. I've gotten into Metroid with MP:Hunters and because my best friend was a huge Metroid fan. I've not been on the forums before, but I've watched the MHQthon this year and like 4 years ago I think.
    The only games that I consider equal to Metroid is the SoulsBorne series, so feel free to talk D E E P L O R E with me!

• @nostradankus A fellow lore lover? We need more people like that on here! Lol.

• Hihi, I'm new here. Long winded introduction.

As you can see, I'm Froyo. I became a Metroid fan ages ago with either Prime 1 or Prime Hunters, don't remember too well, and became fond of the series since then. I've played the Prime trilogy, Hunters, Zero Mission, Other M and Fusion.

That said, I hadn't touched the series in literal ages after playing Other M, and I was pretty young and didn't know much English when I played the others, so I don't remember too well, please bear with me xD I started replaying them again from Zero Mission onwards after E3, so hopefully I'll be back up to speed soon :v

I learned of MHQ from Elias, and I'll need somewhere to fanboy about the series so, uh, yeah lol.

/Rant

Tl;dr nice to meet you all :3

• @froyo sry new forum who dis

• I'm Cody, I work on Zelda Universe together with Elias so I heard about the site from him. My favourite Metroid game is Super Smash Bros U.

• @cody how do I down vote a post here

• @eliasthompson I refuse to educate you on the workings or existence of the admin control panel.

• Hello! Darren here from Shinesparkers. I've done quite a bit around the community over the years, such as heading the Harmony of a Hunter albums. More relevant here though is that I sometimes drop in for the MHQThon, usually commentating with my friend Falcool.

I'm happy to see MHQ live again!

• I'm not old enough to really "remember when MHQ was around," but I too am happy to see another good metroid forum :)

• @gendreavus we have an admin panel?

• Hi New, I'm Dante

• But for real, my name is Dante, I play Metroid and first learned it from my brother being the one who has played it, I didn't like prime.

Then sooner or later I loved the series.
    And now I am here
    Making a suit.
    ..someday, that is.
    Also planning on rul----- joining, the MHQ bandwagon

PSS: Other Aliases of me are Dante Sparda (Skype), I1ISAMUSI1I (Followed behind [TWoN] most times, Steam), Dante tLDS (Discord), Dante_tLDS (Twitch&Minecraft), Dante Tlds (FaceBook), and Dante t LDS @Dante_tLDS (Twitter)

PS: Sheesh Elias, how fast of a reader are you:
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/308619526319374346/345281708154683392/unknown.png

• Hi, pretty new to MHQ. My name is Sidiouth. I never knew about MHQ until I saw MDB plugging the marathon recently.
    My first Metroid game was Prime 2, what a god tier choice I made at that random Gamestop.

My story such as it is, is that I come from a family of gamers, but I never played. The household favorite was Zelda. But I was too young to really be interested in playing it myself, I was content to watch. At some point I started playing games, but it bugged me that none of them were really mine. So I went to Gamestop, browsed the GC games and saw Prime 2. The booklet looked cool and I'd at least heard of Metroid through Melee. So I said whatever and bought it. When I got to the Boost Guardian and the game decided it was okay with crushing the hopes and dreams of 12 year old me, I went back out and bought Prime 1. I must have read that booklet 10 times on the car ride home. From then on I spent every waking moment on Wikitroid learning everything I could about the series. And the rest is history.

Looks like your connection to MetroidHQ was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.